Storytelling for Leaders
Learn how to craft compelling business stories that resonate with their audience to drive people to action, set a vision, lead change, sell a product, define the culture, encourage creativity, or just inspire the organization.
The full-day course described below is highly interactive, hands-on training that produces a tangible set of stories by the end of the day. Shorter workshops and keynotes are scaled-down versions of this flagship course.
Participants will learn:
- What a leadership story is
- Why you should tell leadership stories
- When to tell leadership stories
- How to craft and deliver them for maximum impact
As well as specific techniques for:
- How to choose the right story
- Proper story structure (Hook, Context, Challenge,
Conflict, Resolution, Lesson, Action)
- The proper use of emotion and surprise
- Dialogue and length
- Telling stories with data
- Where to find great stories
What to expect from the course:
Hands-on case studies: Participants are also expected to come to class with a story idea and will develop it throughout the day. You’ll have an opportunity to apply the techniques to several stories during the session, including your own story. Plus you’ll be highly engaged with inspiring stories from dozens of leaders and executives at successful companies around the world.
Plus a 6-month Extended Learning Program:
New training modules arrive every two weeks. Each module includes exercises and prompts to help you:
- Review – one-question quizzes to remind you of key concepts
- Practice – creative prompts to help you think of, develop, and tell new stories so the skills become a habit
- Learn more – 4-minute videos on additional storytelling topics, including details in stories, the ethics of storytelling, how to practice and save your stories, and oral vs. written delivery of stories
- Plus a weekly blog or podcast subscription that delivers one new story a week to add to your repertoire.
To book Paul for training seminars, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Just a quick note to congratulate you on your excellent training course. We were all completely engaged and immediately looking for ways to put your ideas into practice.”
“Thanks so much for your great training. It was everything I expected and more.”
“Thank you for sharing your talents, your passion and your well-conceived and well-organized training. It was exactly what we needed…I really appreciated your desire to understand our objectives and suggest creative ways you could help us achieve them. I appreciated your no-nonsense approach that was always focused on the work…You were a true partner in every sense of the word.”