Storytelling for Salespeople
This is a highly interactive, hands-on training on storytelling for sales professionals.
The selling process starts well before a sales call ever occurs and continues long after the sale has been made and the product delivered. The best sales people use storytelling at every phase of the process and have mastered its use.
As part of the research for my book Sell with a Story: How to Capture Attention, Build Trust, and Close the Sale, I interviewed sales and procurement professionals at over 50 companies to find out where in the sales process they were using storytelling, and (from the buyers’ perspective) what made the most compelling stories so effective. In this class, participants will discover:
- What is a sales story
- Why you should tell them
- The 25 sales stories all salespeople need
- How to craft and deliver them for maximum impact
Participants will learn specific techniques for:
- How to choose the right story
- Proper story structure (Hook, Context, Challenge, Conflict, Resolution, Lesson, Action)
- The proper use of emotion
- The element of surprise
- Dialogue, details, and length
- Oral vs. written delivery
- Telling stories with data
- The ethics of storytelling
- Where to find great stories
- How to practice and save stories
Participants are expected to come to class with a story idea and will develop it throughout the day. You’ll have an opportunity to apply the techniques to several stories during the session, including your own story.
Plus a 6-month “After Care” program that includes: 12 lessons delivered every 2 weeks with exercises and prompts to:
- help you discover and craft great original stories
- practice what you learned in class
- build some new storytelling skills not covered in class
To book Paul for training seminars, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Our team is currently hosting a ‘story time’ session. They invited the whole team, incentivized them with free pizza, and is tapping their collective brains to help build a story to help kick off a new product launch. And it wasn’t even my idea! Pretty cool that the team is fully embracing what we just learned from you.”
— Steve Blair, The Harvest Group, Director – People and Culture