Storytelling for Leaders and Influencers
This is a highly interactive, hands-on training on storytelling as a leadership and influence tool. Participants learn how to craft compelling business stories that resonate with their audience to drive people to action, set a vision, lead change, sell a product, define the culture, encourage creativity, or just inspire the organization.
Based on the research behind the bestselling book, Lead with a Story: How to Craft Business Narratives that Captivate, Convince, and Inspire, participants will discover:
- Why you should tell leadership stories
- When to tell leadership stories (the 21 leadership challenges)
- How to craft and deliver them for maximum impact
Participants will learn specific techniques for:
- How to choose the right story
- Proper story structure (Hook, Context, Challenge, Conflict, Resolution, Lesson, Action)
- The proper use of emotion
- The element of surprise
- Dialogue, details, and length
- Oral vs. written delivery
- Telling stories with data
- The ethics of storytelling
- Where to find great stories
- How to practice and save stories
Participants are expected to come to class with a story idea and will develop it throughout the day. You’ll have an opportunity to apply the techniques to several stories during the session, including your own story. Plus you’ll be highly engaged with inspiring stories from dozens of leaders and executives at successful companies around the world.
Plus a 6-month “After Care” program that includes:
- 12 lessons delivered every 2 weeks with exercises and prompts to:
- help you discover and craft great original stories
- practice what you learned in class
- build some new storytelling skills not covered in class
- a weekly blog or podcast subscription that delivers one new leadership story a week to add to your repertoire.
To book Paul for training seminars, send a message to email@example.com.
|“Just a quick note to congratulate you on your excellent training course. We were all completely engaged and immediately looking for ways to put your ideas into practice.”|
|Robert Atencio, Vice-President, Insights & Customer Strategy Wal-Mart Stores US|